Children of all ages, even adults love little trinket boxes to store their jewelry, found objects and even notes. Trinket boxes can even store everyday bucket lists. Every time you open the lid of the box you may find something new to do.
Examples of Things to Do
- Try a new color today
- Learn a new word
- Explore a new place
- Ride your bike
- Paint a picture for a friend
- Have some ice cream today
These are just some of the things that you can place inside your secret trinket box. But first we need to make one, so lets get started…..
- Pack of 8 1/2 by 10 Metallic Foil Paper, Hygloss Products
- Pack of 8 1/2 by 10 Embossed Metallic Paper, Hygloss Products
- Various Colors of Glitter, Hygloss Products
- Plastic Figures, (Target or Dollar Store)
- Paper mache Box, White or Kraft Color
- 3 in 1 Craft Glue, Gem tac or Zip Dry Beacon Adhesives
- Pick the foil paper colors you like to form a rainbow format. Our rainbow was magenta, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Then cut into 1/2 inch strips. Set aside.
- Cut a 2 inch strip from the foil paper, color of choice. and glue to the base sides of the box. Cut any extra.
- Start gluing the 1/2 inch strips to the top of the box lid in a uniform order. Glue in place and trim to fit box.
- Glue a plastic figurine to the top of the box lid, let dry.
- Coat the foil strips and figurine with glue and glitter.
- You can use or self adhesive metallic paper in place of regular foil paper or try our self adhesive velour paper.
- Our wooden craft peg people are perfect for this project too.
Now your box is complete to hold your favorite treasures, rings or bucket list ideas. This is such a fun project for all ages. Love to see what you create. Stay tuned for more fun projects from Hygloss Products. Don’t forget to follow us in Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.