Travel the world without leaving your home or classroom! Kids everywhere have a natural curiosity about the world they live in as well as other people and cultures. Passport activities are a great way to incorporate active learning in your classroom to teach geography and social studies lessons, motivate students to read, and record classroom activities. At home you can use pretend passports for staycations, to encourage reading and family adventures.
Encourage your children to explore, experience and enjoy learning about our world with pretend passport activities! Here are my favorites.
- My continents passport card. The Family Fun Blog presents a fun way to teach children about continents and geography crafts. As you kids explore the different continents, they add information to the appropriate pages. A great geography craft for school or home.
- Prepare a suitcase to travel and don’t forget to include your passport! Holidays Around the World from What the Teacher Wants.
- Turning an international class into an international year as this class “traveled” to each country that was represented in class with. Passport Books for Multicultural Learning.
- This back to school and first week of school kit includes a passport activity that allows students to practice writing their name address and essential. Love this from the Lesson Plan Diva!
- Check out how digital literacy teacher, Keri-Lee Beasley and the other K2 teachers she works with use Google Earth and a kindergarten lesson with a passport activity where students need to ‘travel’ in order to get a stamp in their passport, to get their students excited about learning! Hop over to Keri’s website.
- Although it’s not an Olympic year, keep this passport activity from Deirdre at JDaniel4smom in mind for 2016 or adapt it to a current sports event such as the Rugby World Cup, Wimbledon or the Tour de France.
- Another holidays around the world passport activity, Mrs. Nelson’s class focuses on how winter holidays are celebrated around the world with suitcases, plane tickets and lots of research and learning!
- Brassy Apple presents Summer Fun Passports! A new twist on summer journals.
- Passports in Cassie Stephen’s Art Room!
- Grab your passports and See the world with these ideas from 123Homeschool4me.
- Madigan Reads creates a passport themed craft for a summer reading program.
Don’t forget to share pictures of your pretend passport book adventures with me!