Cinco de Mayo is a celebration held on May 5 to commemorate the Mexican Army’s 1862 victory over France at the battle of Puebla! This was during the Franco-Mexican War! Today parties and street celebrations are held all over the world to honor this special day. Even schools hold Cinco de Mayo programs to educate children on the real meaning behind it.
Today we would like to share with you a fun Cinco de Mayo project, pinata party hats that your whole family will enjoy. You can even wear them to your own party celebration…Let’s get started…
- Pack of 8 1/2 by 10 Metallic Foil Paper, Hygloss Products
- Pre-Made Dollar Store Party Hats
- 3 in 1 Craft Glue, Beacon Adhesives
- Cut 1 inch strips into various sheets of metallic foil paper, set aside.
- Fold each piece of 1 inch cut strips in half. Then fold in half again.
- Next with a scissor cut tiny slits into the double folded paper strips. This will create the pinata fringe. (See above photo)
- Unravel the cut fringed strips and begin gluing to the bottom part of the pre-made party hat.
- Layer each color on top of the next, until you cover the whole hat. Repeat for each hat.
- You can cover pre-made banner shapes or pocket shapes from Hygloss Products like the ones below with fringed paper, attach to ribbon or twine and make a Pinata Party Banner.
- Make cupcake, dessert or drink straw toppers with these pocket shapes, fringe and paper straws.
We hope this project inspired you to have some fun this Cinco de Mayo. Stay tuned for more fun projects from Hygloss Products. Don’t forget to follow us in Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.